By Bruce Petrucci
The Suffolk County Fatherhood Initiative (SCFI) program will continue to provide services during this pandemic, but will be done remotely for the safety of our clients, staff and community members. It is during these unprecedented times that we reflect on the heart of our program which is fathers in need and their families.
In this time of crisis, the SCFI program is here for fathers residing in Nassau and Suffolk Counties in need of assistance. To ensure clients are supported we have taken specific steps to maintain access for those in need: (SEE ATTACHED FLYER)
- Many of our administrative functions are being done by employees working from home. You can still call our Hauppauge office (631) 761-8518 from 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday or email us at email@example.com.
- Virtual fatherhood parenting workshops– our experienced facilitators will engage fathers visually and interactively to deliver the sessions using online platforms (including smartphones).
- Targeted case management through remote delivery- case managers will work with fathers one-on-one to assist them with immediate needs including but not limited to food, transportation, referrals to community resources
- Employment resources/services- our dedicated Economic Stability Workforce Development Specialist can assist fathers with filing for unemployment, apply for COVID relief fund, job search, resumes, provide resources for financial assistance due to COVID, etc
- Transportation assistance, participant support assistance and gift cards available upon completion