The Long Island Fatherhood Initiative offers a series of workshops based on a program called 24/7 Dad®, developed by the National Fatherhood Initiative.
The program is a comprehensive fatherhood training course designed to help men improve their parenting skills and fathering knowledge.
Father-focused, evidence-based, and designed for dads of all ages, the program has been used by thousands of organizations working with men of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
The program focuses on five main tenets or areas of what makes you a good father. Throughout the 12 sessions, each class will touch on a number of these areas including self-awareness, fathering skills, caring for self, parenting skills, and relationship skills.
Long Island Fatherhood Initiative (greatfathers.org) provides services that include:
- Case management
- Skill-building in fathering/parenting
- Job readiness coaching and economic stability services
- Linkages to housing, mental health, and substance use services
- Domestic violence prevention education
- Logistical support (for example, transportation, work-related clothing, and tools).
For more information, please contact Romarie McCue at 631-761-8518 or firstname.lastname@example.org